The Worldwide Association for Women Journalists and Writers, in association with PressPad, is pleased to announce it is offering a number of bursaries to attend its upcoming Congress in London and Kent, 6th-9th November 2018.
The bursaries are intended to support UK-based journalism students from outside London and the southeast to attend the four-day Congress.
The bursaries will include reasonable travel expenses, accommodation arranged through PressPad, and an industry mentor (based either in the UK or overseas).
This scheme is open to female and male journalists, and we will offer approximately ten places.
AMMPE is committed to all aspects of diversity. We will consider all applications but will prioritise those who are able demonstrate strong benefits to themselves and their academic institution, and those who would struggle to attend without this support.
If you have any questions about the Congress, please email us at email@example.com.
To qualify for a bursary you must:
- Currently be studying journalism in the UK;
- Be based outside London and the southeast;
- Otherwise be unable to attend the Congress, without financial support;
- Be able to demonstrate a keen and active interest in the substance and topics of the Congress;
- Have the support of your academic supervisor;
- Be able to show how attending the Congress and having ongoing mentoring will benefit your academic studies and/or future career;
- Be able to demonstrate your commitment to ongoing mentoring or similar schemes;
- Be available to attend the Congress over 6th-9th November (accommodation can be provided to successful applicants the night before and the on the last night to ensure appropriate travel time).
Applications open: Wednesday 3rd October
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 17th October
We will get back to you by: Monday 22nd October
Congress dates: Tuesday 6th - Friday 9th November